A Solutions Architect represents industry expertise in all areas associated with desktop application delivery and infrastructure. Solutions Architects will work closely with both Sales and Engineering/Product Development team members to application delivery solutions for customers, and to flow back new product requirements to Engineering and Executive Management. The Solutions Architect is expected to fully understand the existing application delivery environment, including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), application layering, and similar technologies. It is highly desirable for the Solution Architect to understand specific competitive offerings in this space such as Citrix Virtual Apps/Virtual Desktop, Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), Microsoft App-V, and VMware Horizon/ThinApp.
- Lead technical portion of solution selling of application delivery solutions for new and existing customers.
- Support salespeople in account and opportunity management, and provide updates in Salesforce.com as needed
- Co-own closing sales opportunities with salespeople to hit quarterly quota targets
- Support responses to customer Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Provide feedback to Engineering, and act as the “voice of the customer” for new feature requests
- Represent the company from a technical standpoint at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Keeping up to date on relevant trends, industry, competitors, etc.
- 5+ years recent experience as a solution architect or sales engineering with SaaS and/or on-premise software solutions is required, preferably in VDI, DaaS, or application delivery solutions
- Excellent technical communication and organization skills
- Strong understanding of how clients use technology to meet business objectives.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Great Company and an extremely talented Technical Pre/Post Sales Engineering Team.
- Excellent compensation, Base Salary plus commission.
- Great Medical Benefits.
- Strong partnership with the largest and leading technology companies.
- Huge Upside; Territory includes both existing clientele and greenfield opportunities
Numecent is the pioneer of Cloudpaging, an award-winning cloud technology designed to maximize application compatibility and portability across modern desktop environments. Created by a world-class team of engineers, its core technology was developed at University of California, Irvine with funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Headquartered in Irvine, California and backed by Deutsche Telekom, Numecent launched out of “stealth” mode in 2012. Today, the company serves millions of users around the world, with two satellite locations in London and Tokyo. Continuing its spirit of innovation, its technology portfolio includes 58 issued patents (and counting).